- Pity any band or music artist who was hoping to get radio play / press coverage / a chart position during the next week. It will be Jacko's. #
- With Jacko dead and bad weather coming, it will be a miserable Glastonbury! And I wonder whether the O2 dome will become a Dianaesque shrine #
- I recommend that we all toast to Michael Jackson's death by raising a glass of Jesus Juice. #
- Michael Jackson, one of my musical icons, died owing me nearly £200 in concert tickets. What a BASTARD! #
- Believe it or not this is a real book: http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctorow/3640066947/sizes/l/in/photostream/ #
- Brilliant stuff from Amundsen and Slade… http://twitpic.com/7xtjb #
- Amundsen and Slade with sonic swordfighting… http://twitpic.com/7xstw #
- Love songs with Amundsen and Slade's sonic sideshow… http://twitpic.com/7xs2f #
- Dancers at White Mischief, Paradise Gardens… http://twitpic.com/7xpqp #
- Eugene Sandau, the world's strongest man, masticating meat! AKA Red Sarah… http://twitpic.com/7xms1 #
- The spiegeltent is a mirrored tent – perfect for those vain moments. http://twitpic.com/7xloa #
- MC Elemental talking about kangazoos and other animals. Yes, kangaZOOS. http://twitpic.com/7xlbd #
- Mischief Makers dancing ! http://twitpic.com/7xkd8 #
- Jackie Le! http://twitpic.com/7xj1v #
- More Prangsta dancing… http://twitpic.com/7xc6g #
- Prangsta's fashion show, White Mischief at Paradise Gardens! http://twitpic.com/7x9d8 #
- MC Elemental with his Victorian hip hop …White Mischief at Paradise Gardens! http://twitpic.com/7x4dw #
- Ilumi present Balderdash…on now at White Mischief, Paradise Gardens… http://twitpic.com/7×476 #
- Thomas Baker of the Bohemianauts, with Prangsta / CumCum Yum Yum show…WM at Paradise Gardens, come! http://twitpic.com/7wze2 #
- 'Avé une Banane! – Underbling and Vow, 6.30, White Mischief at Paradise Gardens. http://twitpic.com/7woj0 #
- The Bar of Ideas at Paradise Gardens, Victoria Park…White Mischief at the Parlure Tea Dance Tent, 6pm http://twitpic.com/7wn5r #
- London Swing Dance Society inside the Parlure Spiegeltent at Paradise Gardens, Victoria Park…WM later! http://twitpic.com/7wg8f #
- At the beautiful Spiegeltent in Victoria Park with Illumi, Jackie Le and Lydia Darling ready for Sat… http://twitpic.com/7h37c #
- Just had lunch with the delightful Cory Doctorow (a WM regular) who has given me a stack of books to read. Looking forward to it! #
In the first of its festival appearances, White Mischief is hosting a night in a beautiful vintage spiegeltent as part of the Paradise Gardens festival in London’s Victoria Park – Saturday June 20, 6pm-10.30pm.
The festival is entirely free and is open between midday and 10.30pm on Saturday June 20 and Sunday June 21st. The White Mischief show will be at the “Parlure Spiegeltent” on Saturday June 20 from 6pm to 10.30pm. Performers include your hosts Tough Love; Underbling and Vow; Red Sarah; MC Elemental; Prangsta and the CumCum YumYum Show; aerialists Illumi presenting Balderdash; aerialist Jackie Le; aerialist Lydia Darling and many more.
Here’s what the festival programme has to say:
Welcome to the beautiful environs of Victoria Park, Tower Hamlets, as it is transformed into a pleasure garden for the 21st Century. Once again the partnership of Remarkable Productions and the London Borough of Tower Hamlets bring you a FREE festival weekend packed full of amazing activities for people of all ages.
We present this showcase of the best cultural offer from Europe and around the world as our flagship Cultural Olympiad event. Please come and join us!
This year we are proud to present the UK outdoor premiere of ‘La Cucina dell’Arte’ by the renowned Belgian circus, Circus Ronaldo. Those of you who caught No Fit State’s Tabu last year will know that we specialise in presenting a world class circus each year. There are only 900 tickets – when they’re gone, they’re gone, so book now!
The music programme features a partnership with Barbican’s Cuba 50 programme on the Paradise Stage on Sunday which includes the seminal Charanga group Orquesta Aragon. Other musical highlights, programmed by Continental Drifts, include The Dynamics and Soothsayers.
New commissions include The Bar of Ideas, newly developed into a full performance piece from last year’s installation, now featuring street theatre comic magicians Cocoloco – the show is ticketed so make sure you book your place when you arrive on site. The Bar of Ideas is part of our programme of sideshows, which this year includes one the last remaining Wall of Death shows in the world, as well as Miniscule of Sound, the world’s smallest nightclub, and Bored Brand’s Digital Funfair.
Remarkable Productions has teamed up with The Circus Space, in a new partnership, to co-produce East London hip hop dance pioneers Avant Garde Dance working with Chinese pole artists in a new commission for the Festival “The Silver Tree”.
We are delighted to present the Tea Dance once again, this year housed in a Spiegel Tent “Salon Perdu.” In the evenings we present steam punk innovators White Mischief on Saturday and Variety specialists Toot Sweet on Sunday.
This year’s historic moment will be the very first full outing of The Beautiful Octopus Club, the club led by artists with learning difficulties, at a mainstream festival – check it out on Saturday. On Sunday the same venue is taken over by local festival favorites’ Solution Sound System. Also new this year is the People’s Palace, a spectacular 5 ring tent, presenting a nu folk line up from Magpie’s nest on Saturday, and Instigate Debate on Sunday.Continue Reading
Mischief Makers can take advantage of discounted tickets on London South Bank show “The Crack“. It features Miss Behave, sword swallower and comic extraordinaire, who previously compered a White Mischief show and was one of the long-running stars of West End hit La Clique.
To take advantage of the £15 tickets for the 18th June, call up the box office on 0871 663 2538 and quote the promotion code “RICE 3″.
An explosive combination of stand-up, variety and sidesplitting comic performance.
Prepare to be amazed and entertained with an absolutely stellar cast of comic geniuses and variety virtuosos.
Brought to you by Perrin & Saunders, part of the team behind La Clique (Winners – Best Entertainment 2009 Olivier Award.)
Nina Conti and Monk – “Superb, Conti is utterly endearing and the gags come thick and fast” Metro
Andrew Lawrence – “Comedy’s most bountiful little ball of hatred…A fabulous show” The Times
Phil Kay – “Kay truly is a mesmerising headf**k genius” Time Out
Woody Bop Muddy and his Record Graveyard. “A breath of fresh lunacy” The Guardian
Mr. Jones - Dutch comedy legend. An anarchic delight of high skill, delicious absurdity, and hilarious neuroses.
Earl Okin “timeless musical genius and sex symbol act” Chortle
Kalki Hula Girl “Exquisitely talented Hula-Hooper…seemingly defying the laws of nature” Time Out
Jon Hicks, Variety’s answer to Picasso
Dr Stewart. From the Sony award-winning ‘Bespoken Word’ Radio 4 show and film ‘The Fifth Element’
Front of House Mistress will be Miss Behave and some gorgeous gal pals…
Venue: E4 Udderbelly is a giant upside down purple cow, Southbank London
Dates & times: 16th – 21st June, 9pm
Quote the following code word to claim your special offer: RICE 3
Box Office: 0871 663 2538Continue Reading
- NME decides that Steampunk (plus Tough Love / White Mischief) is #5 out of 49 best things this summer. Above Spotify. http://bit.ly/amylt #
- Sunday Times photoshoot with Tough Love at Prangsta, photographer Chris Floyd http://twitpic.com/66s0f #
In a list of 49 best things about the summer, White Mischief and steampunk has been rated number five – above lauded music service Spotify! Apparently we’re also almost as good as Chertsey’s finest rollercoasters-and-shellsuits amusement centre Thorpe Park.
We vaudevillian types don’t get our glad rags on hoping to garner the attention of venerable rock inkies like the NME, but somehow White Mischief, Tough Love and the whole steampunk phenomenon has managed to capture their attention.Continue Reading