Dressing up is not compulsory at White Mischief but we certainly encourage it. If you’re seeking inspiration, this is the place to be – and at the bottom of this article we have a list of suggested dressup looks.
Our March 27 third birthday extravaganza, “The Great Exhibition”, is based upon the wonders of Victorian science. Our compere is a pith-helmeted colonel; on stage a mad scientist will conduct bolts of lightning through a Tesla coil; in the lobby you’ll meet Hodman and Sally, explorers from Oblivia. Throughout the building there will be Victorian and steampunk works of art.
Be sure to read these relevant articles on our site:
- Steampunk clothing at White Mischief
- The neo-Victorian look
- How to get 20% off costumes from Prangsta
- Our guide to London’s best vintage, second-hand and costume suppliers
Here are some ideas for costumes:
- Top hats / waistcoats / frock coats
- Bustles / corsets / dresses
- Scientists / Engineers
- Remarkable exhibits
- Discoveries from the Empire
- Zoological phenomena
- Prince Albert / Queen Victoria
- HG Wells / Jules Verne
- Businessmen, women and philanthropists
Looking for that particular accessory? For the perfect haircut? For a costume to rent? Or to buy some second-hand clothing? Be sure to read our guide to London’s best vintage, second-hand and costume suppliers.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked
You must be logged in to post a comment.